Little Red is Dead Homepage (Gr 9-12)
Appropriate for ages 10 and up.
$2 = $1 of every Something Rotten gram sold will be donated to "The Story Collective."
The cast of characters will be created by the cast themselves and the director, which will include a chef, the dinner theatre owner and spouse, the actors, and the crew from the “show.”
- School year rehearsals are generally Monday-Friday from 3:30 – 5:00/5:30 p.m.
- In the weeks preceding a performance, rehearsals increase in length and may include weekends. A rehearsal calendar is available within one week of casting.
- Cast members are expected to be at all required rehearsals.
- If you MUST miss a rehearsal (other than dates specified during your registration), you MUST notify the director at Susan.Jung@chca-oh.org BEFORE the fact. Do not send messages with other cast members and/or friends as that method is unreliable. Multiple absences may jeopardize your role even if they are prearranged and excused.
- All show fees are paid via online registration.
- Upper School Theatre parent communication is coordinated through the myCHCA Apps/website. You must sign in to access this content.
- Mandatory Show fees:
- $40 Cast fees covers costume fee, short sleeve production t-shirt, and production party.
- $125 annual Fine Arts fee is added to your first CAST registration in an Upper School theatre production in an academic year and helps cover CHCA overhead expenses (waived for Gr 7-8).
- During online registration, you schedule a future automatic payment deducted after the show is cast and the first rehearsal is held. If your child is not cast, the Fine Arts Office will cancel your registration and scheduled payment.
- All cast members must sell 12 tickets total. Ticket purchases will be ordered and tracked via ShowTix4U, CHCA's online box office. If the ticket sales requirement is not met by the deadline, you must agree to pay for unsold tickets up to 12 at $12 each.
- Student Production Team (SPT):
- SPT isn't needed for this production. If you are interested in SPT, register for Something Rotten's SPT which is open now!
- Parent Volunteers: At a minimum, we expect at least one parent from each family help in some aspect of the pre-production and also on the production development team. You complete a Theatre Parent Volunteer form during registration to choose work like sets, costumes, props, etc. and a shift during the production for concessions, box office or gift-a-grams.
- Did you know your volunteer hours make you eligible to become a Friends of Fine Arts (FOFA) Booster member? We appreciate EVERY hour of work dedicated to an amazing production!
To prepare for your audition:
- Write your Cast Bio using the Bio Instructions examples (see Key Links) (give your write-up to whomever will do Step #2)
- Complete these 2 steps by deadline (see Important Dates for deadlines & Key Links for each step):
- Online registration (handles your audition request and student agreement, bio, scheduling future payment of all production and Fine Arts fees, medical, liability and Parent Volunteer forms)
- Record Conflicts using Cast98 - See below for Steps and Tips.
Auditions will include a mix of improvisation and cold readings. This show relies on well-established characters, so come ready with a couple of different ideas of characters you could play.
If you’re new to Cast98, click “Create a Profile.”
Enter any required information.
- Skip “A Little About You” bio section.
- Click green “Continue” button.
- Verify your email.
- Click “Edit My Favorites”
- Scroll down and choose “CHCA Theatre” then “Save Changes”
- Click on the “Cast98” icon (top left) to go back to the homepage.
- You should see “Upcoming Shows, ” click “Audition” on the show you want.
Read Step 1: Expectations. Check “I Understand and Agree” at the bottom.
Add your profile and fill out the required info >>> click “Save Profile.”
It will return you to Step 1, but scroll down to click the yellow “Audition Now” button
Fill out all required info in Step 2: Profile (Skip anything not required) then click “Save and Continue” at the bottom.
On Step 3: Conflicts, click on any dates from the audition date through the performance dates that you may have a conflict. Add:
- UA = Unavailable (No need to add the reason.)
- PA = Partially Available then put time available ("must leave at 4:15, arrive by 4:30", etc.) (Remember that during Pre-Tech Week, only essential conflicts allowed. During Tech Week, NO conflicts allowed.)
- Click “Save and Continue” at the bottom.
On Step 4: Roles & Times, read this page thoroughly, as it varies based on each show.
- Complete where needed.
- Click “Save and Submit” at the bottom.
You’ll be able to review your submission and get a confirmation email from Cast98 as well.
- Gr 9-12 Complete online registration: 08/07/23 by 11:59 p.m.
- Gr 9-12 auditions: 08/08/23 - 3:30-5:00 p.m
- Cast email: 08/08/23 (in the evening)
- Mandatory first rehearsal/cast meeting/head shots: 08/11/23 - 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Fees automatically deducted: 08/14/23
- Cast list posted online: 08/18/23
- Program Ad: deadline 08/25/23
- PRE-TECH WEEK: 09/11/23 - 09/15/23 – We will not need to rehearse every day. Conflicts MUST be kept to a minimum this week- please email Susan.Jung@chca-oh.org to discuss any potential conflicts
- Cast ticket purchase requirement due: 09/13/23
- Production Party registration (optional but recommended) closes: 09/15/23
- TECH WEEK: 09/18/23 - 09/21/23 - no conflicts allowed this week! However, it will not be a typical tech week (i.e. may not be every day, time will be limited to a run of the show).
|Scarlet Cast||Crimson Cast|
09/21/23 - 7:00-8:00 p.m.
09/21/23 - 8:15-9:15 p.m.