Gr 9-12 Arts Auditions for 2022-2023
Come perform with us! Our students are excelling in the Upper School Fine Arts program and having a lot of fun being a part of the instrumental music community. Review Course Descriptions for information about our four ensembles:
- Sinfonietta (Orchestra) - a non-auditioned ensemble that combines strings and winds/percussion. Performs a wide repertoire. Request class on Course Option Sheet.
- Percussion Ensemble/Steel Drum Band/ a non-auditioned ensemble, request class on Course Option Sheet.
- Lab Band - a non-auditioned ensemble that performs as a jazz, concert, and pep band throughout the school year. Request class on Course Option Sheet.
- Electric Jazz Orchestra (EJO) - CHCA's honors jazz band that performs as a jazz, concert, and pep band throughout the school year. Required auditions held every spring with preference given to Gr 10-12 students
- Honors course graded on a 4.5 GPA scale
- Required to take weekly private lessons
2022-2023 Newly Enrolled Students only: Electric Jazz Orchestra is closed after 05/02/22. For further information, contact Dan.Grantham@chca-oh.org, Instrumental Music Director.
Fee: $40 Lab Band/EJO Tie (required for males; females optional); $35 Pep Band
08/01/22 - Gr 9-12 Instrumental Band Fee registration opens
09/19/22 - $25 late registration fee starts
10/31/22 @ 11:59 p.m. - Registration closes
CHCA's Dance Academy is an extra-curricular tailored specifically for CHCA students PK-grade 12.
- Current program students receive an evaluation in April for placement recommendations the following year.
- Current CHCA students with previous dance experience interested in our competition teams or technique classes, and not currently in the Dance Academy program, should contact Anna.Leithart@chca-oh.org to schedule an evaluation by 06/01/23.
- Newly Enrolled Students for 2023-2024 with or without experience: Contact Dance Academy Director Anna Leithart at Anna.Leithart@chca-oh.org for more information or if you have questions and would like to discuss your child’s interests and placement.
Consult each show's homepage for times and audition details. In general:
- Sign up for an audition time on the call board outside the theatre.
- Complete the online registration 1-2 weeks prior to audition. (Although payment will be scheduled at this time, payment will not be deducted from your account until after the cast is announced. The Fine Arts Department will cancel all scheduled payments in the event a student auditions but is not cast.)
Find Audition Dates for 2022-2023
Come perform with us! Our students are excelling in the Upper School Fine Arts program and having a lot of fun being a part of the vocal music community. Review Course Descriptions for information on our non-auditioned vocal ensemble(s) for Gr 9-12 students that performs a wide variety of musical genres. Request class on Course Option Sheet.
Fee: $75 per student for women's/men's polo shirt, dress or jacket, and miscellaneous expenses
08/01/23 - Gr 9-12 Chorus Fee registration opens
09/01/23 - $25 late registration fee starts
09/27/23 @ 11:59 p.m. - Registration closes