Gr 9-12 Arts Auditions for 2018-2019
- Symphony Orchestra/Concert Band/Cintered - non-auditioned ensembles, request class with your counselor
- Lab Band - non-auditioned ensemble, request class with your counselor
- Steel Drum Band/Percussion Ensemble - non-auditioned ensemble, request class with your counselor
- Electric Jazz Orchestra (EJO) - CHCA's honors jazz band - required auditions held every spring with preference given to Gr 10-12 students
- Honors course graded on a 4.5 GPA scale
- Required to take weekly private lessons
- Current grade 9-11 instrumental music students: 03/20/18 and 03/21/18 during class
- CHCA grade 9-11 students not currently in an instrumental music class, and CHCA newly accepted grade 10-12 students:
- Sign-up: In the MSL Instrumental Music Room for an audition
- Auditions: 03/21/18 from 3:00 - 7:00 p.m. in the MSL Instrumental Music Room
- 2018-2019 Newly Enrolled Students only: Electric Jazz Orchestra is closed after 04/03/18. Contact Dan Grantham, Instrumental Music Director, at Dan.Grantham@chca-oh.org
2018-2019 Audition Material:
- Memorize all major scales up to 3 sharps and 3 flats
- Contact Dr. Grantham or Mr. Mangual for an audition packet
Encore is CHCA's honors choir for rising 10-12 graders which requires an audition. Students can register for Concert Choir without an audition. Incoming freshman who are interested in eventually auditioning for Encore are strongly encouraged to sign up for Concert Choir. (See Course Descriptions) Up to 24 students will be chosen for Encore based on musical ability and potential (dynamic singing that will blend with other students in a group setting, ability and/or interest in reading music) and ability to perform basic choreography. (You don’t have to be a dancer! Just be able to move with the music.) Additional extra-curricular opportunities through the Theatre Department also exist.
Encore Audition Information:
- Who: Current grade 9-11 grade students are welcome to audition!
- When: 03/19/18 and 03/20/18
- Current Choir students will audition in class
- Students NOT currently enrolled in Choir will audition during their PRT
- Sign-ups will be posted on the call board outside the US 9-12 choir room 03/12/18 - 03/16/18. Sign up for a time and pick up an audition form and audition materials. Please be on time to your scheduled audition! Bring the completed audition form and also prepare a one-minute portion of a song that displays good vocal technique. Any genre is fine. Students will also sing vocal exercises to hear range and sight read a short melody.
- Fee: $75/girls; $50 boys (Payable through UltraCamp starting 08/01/18)
- 18-19 Newly Enrolled Students only: Encore auditions open until 06/30. Contact Sara Potts, Choir Teacher, Sara.Potts@chca-oh.org
CHCA's Dance Academy is an extra-curricular activity available to students PK-grade 12.
- Students may enroll in technique and performance classes without an evaluation.
- Current program dancers receive an evaluation in April in lieu of an audition for the following year.
- Current CHCA grade 5-11 students with previous dance experience interested in our competition teams, and not currently in the Dance Academy program, should contact Judy.McCreary@chca-oh.org to schedule an evaluation on or before 06/29/18.
- Newly Enrolled Students for 2018-2019 with or without experience: Contact Contact Dance Academy Director Judy.McCreary@chca-oh.org for more information or if you have questions and would like to discuss your child’s interests and placement.
Consult each show's homepage for times and audition details. In general:
- Sign up for an audition time on the call board outside the theatre.
- Complete the online registration 1-2 weeks prior to audition. (Although payment will be scheduled at this time, payment will not be deducted from your account until after the cast is announced. The Fine Arts Department will cancel all scheduled payments in the event a student auditions but is not cast.)
- Bring any printed forms described on the show homepage to the audition.