Appropriate for ages 13 and up.
In development ... will be announced when finalized.
- Auditions are required for all cast roles and you must complete the online registration PRIOR TO audition
- Write your Cast Bio using the Bio Instructions examples (give your write-up to whomever will do Step #1)
- You will be asked to read from the script, learn a musical theatre dance combo, and sing
4 Step Audition Sign-Up:
- Complete your online registration. This single registration handles your ARSA (Audition Request and Student Agreement) including Bio, scheduling future payment of all production and Fine Arts fees, and Parent Volunteer forms.
- Complete your online Conflict Survey.
- Complete your online Costume Survey.
- Complete Signup Genius to reserve an audition time.
- School year rehearsals are generally Monday-Friday from 3:30 – 5:00/5:30 p.m. Some rehearsals may be scheduled remotely.
- In the weeks preceding a performance, rehearsals increase in length and may include weekends. A rehearsal calendar is available within one week of casting.
- Cast and Student Production Team (SPT) members are expected to be at all required rehearsals.
- If you MUST miss a rehearsal (other than dates specified during your registration), you MUST notify director at Susan.Jung@chca-oh.org BEFORE the fact. Do not send messages with other cast members and/or friends as that method is unreliable. Multiple absences may jeopardize your role even if they are prearranged and excused.
- All show fees are paid via online registration.
- During online registration, a primary parent email is supplied. As different from much CHCA communication, Upper School 9-12 theatre parent communication is only coordinated through this one email address. All important messages will be communicated via email so please check it frequently to stay informed! Please add CHCAHSTheatre@gmail.com to your contacts.
- Mandatory Show fees:
- $125 (Includes costume fee, snacks/water for pre-tech week, tech week meals and juice boxes, short sleeve production t-shirt, and production party)
- $125 annual Fine Arts fee is added to your first CAST registration in an Upper School 9-12 theatre production in an academic year and helps cover CHCA overhead expenses.
- All cast members must sell 12 tickets total. Tickets ordered and tracked via ShowTix4U (CHCA's online box office). You must pay for unsold tickets, 12 maximum at $10 each, if you haven't met your requirement by the deadline. This requirement may be modified if only a limited number of tickets may be sold due to social distancing or if the show is streamed.
- During online registration, you schedule a future automatic payment deducted after the show is cast and the first rehearsal is held. If your child is not cast, the Fine Arts Office will cancel your registration and scheduled payment.
- Student Production Team (SPT) registrants:
- NEW this year, SPT registration is REQUIRED - $21 (includes production t-shirt and juice boxes tech week).
- Tech week meals and production party (optional but recommended): $41
- Parent Volunteer: At a minimum, we request at least one parent from each family help in some aspect of the pre-production and also on the production development team. You complete a Theatre Parent Volunteer form during registration to choose work like sets, costumes, props, etc. and a shift during the production for concessions, box office or candy grams.
- Complete online registration: 09/15/20 at 11:59 p.m.
- Gr 9-12 auditions: 09/14/20 and 09/15/20 3:30-5:30 pm in Lindner Theater Signup Genius for an audition time
- Callbacks: 09/16/20 - Group 1: 3:30-4:00 pm; Group 2: 4:00-4:30pm - Students will be assigned to a group via email sent the evening of 09/15/20.
- Cast announced: 09/17/20
- First rehearsal: 09/18/20
- Fees automatically deducted: 09/21/20
- Parent Meeting: TBD
- Program Ad: deadline 10/16/20
- NEW this year, REQUIRED SPT registration (includes production t-shirt and juice boxes) closes: 10/27/20 at 11:59 p.m.
- SPT Tech Week Meals and Production Party (optional but recommended) registration closes: 11/04/20 at 11:59 p.m.
- Cast ticket purchases: complete by 11/04/20 for student requirement
- PRE-TECH WEEK: 11/03/20 - 11/06/20 no conflicts allowed except those approved by the director before casting.
- TECH WEEK: 11/09/20 – 11/12/20 - no conflicts allowed!
registration (Bio, Payment and Parent Volunteer)
Genius for audition time
Bio Instructions and examples
Showtix4u for cast ticket purchase requirement