myService Intersession Homepage (#SI2019)
Grade 7 Service Intersession is a one-week service immersion experience that includes a team-building program led by Camp Chautauqua staff and service experiences throughout Cincinnati at senior care residencies, schools, and other non-profit organizations. Students will engage in reflection activities as tools for learning and to enrich the service experience. The US 7 Course Description offers more information.
- All activities are in Cincinnati with a variety of on-campus and off-campus locations; transportation is provided when necessary
- Students will spend time in similar, but not identical, service immersions with a variety of Cincinnati organizations
- Students must arrive on time, as buses will depart shortly after 8:00 a.m. and will not be available for early pick-up
- Tuesday - School provides lunch
- Wednesday - School provides lunch
- Thursday - Family provides portable packed lunch
- Friday - School provides lunch
- Review program overview in the Parent Letter.
- Students should bring a reusable water bottle each day
- Student may bring a small backpack/cinch sack each day
- No refrigeration available for packed lunches
- Students should report to their SDL classrooms each morning. Please be timely as busses depart shortly after 8:00 a.m.
- Students are not available for early pick-up at day's end as they'll be off campus serving.
- Cost: $75 covers activity charges, supplies, 3 lunches, snacks, and transportation
See Course Descriptions below for travel dates outside 11/05/19- 11/08/19 and times for local courses outside the normal school day.
- 08/14/19 - Course Options announced to current US 8 students and on website
- Starting 08/14/19 at 1:00 p.m. - Online Course Optioning opens
- 08/23/19 (8:30 a.m.) - Deadline to submit printed confirmation email with the required parent signature and be considered on time
- 08/27/19 - Parents receive email confirmation on tentative student placement and registration opens
- 08/30/19 - Deadline to complete online registration and pay deposit to secure place in assigned course
- 09/03/19 - If needed, students in wait list courses but not registered replaced with wait listed students
- Starting 09/10/19 - $25 Late Registration Fee applied to all students who have not completed their online registration
- 09/20/19 - Automatic balance payment for all courses (Reminder sent 10 days prior)