ISP Host Family
Open your home ... change a life!
If you answer "yes" to the following questions, you could host!
- Would you like to expand the global awareness of your family through developing a relationship with a student from another country?
- Do you enjoy practicing hospitality and desire to provide a home away from home to an international student?
- Can you provide transportation to and from school and other events?
- Would your other family members welcome an international student to be part of your family?
- Are you willing to encourage and affirm your international student as they meet the challenges inherent in adapting to a new culture and school?
- Can you provide a bed/bedroom and place to study?
- Are you willing to build a genuine parental relationship and provide wisdom and counsel as needed?
- Are you able to provide meals and do you share family meals during the week?
- Is your family open to developing what often becomes a life-long relationship with an international student?
- Are you interested in a unique experience in hospitality and serving that your family will remember forever?
"Deciding to host an international student during my junior year of high school was a big step for me and my family. Growing up as an only child, I wasn’t sure what it would be like having a student from a different culture living with us. My host sister was from Hungary and hosting her taught me a lot about myself and the Hungarian way of life. On our car rides to school, she shared all about her life at home and how different it was from her experiences in America. Beyond her stories, she shared her culture with our family through preparing traditional Hungarian meals of chicken with special spices and noodles as well as other Hungarian seasonal and holiday foods. Hosting her provided a unique opportunity to experience life with a sister and cultivate a friendship with someone from a different country. As a host sister, providing a home for an international student has changed my life and impacted my family in positive ways. Hosting an international student opened our eyes to an entirely different culture while fostering a friendship with my new sister and her family that will last well beyond the time she lived with us! I highly recommend the expereince!"Megan Harris '23 and
Current Host Sibling