xThe Lion King JR Homepage
Rafiki: Oluwatobiloba Aina (Thurs/Sat); Bella Randle (Fri/Sun)
Pumbaa: Sarem Desta (understudy – Blake Sisney)
Timon: Sophia Rempe; (understudy – Jackson Vest)
Mufasa: Matthew Rebhun (understudy – Christopher Max)
Simba: Jackson Rebhun; (understudy - Will Saxby)
Young Simba: Samuel Saxby (Thurs/Sat); Brian Jung (Fri/Sun)
Young Nala: Joi Burton (Thurs/Sat); Jenna Uterstaedt (Fri/Sun)
Zazu: Madelynn Glenn (Thurs/Sat); Charleigh Wright (Fri/Sun)
Scar: William Saxby (Thurs/Sat); Christopher Max (Fri/Sun)
Shenzi: Caleigh McFawn (Thurs/Sat); Megumi Agerton (Fri/Sun)
Banzai: Jackson Vest (Thurs/Sat); Jonathan Jackson (Fri/Sun)
Ed: Blake Sisney (Thurs/Sat); Peyton Andry (Fri/Sun)
Sarabi: Hailey Williams
Sarafina: Jenna Brooks
Soloist (“Can You Feel the Love Tonight?”): Bianca Olea
Grassland Ensemble: Oluwatobiloba Aina, Samantha Bennett, Kaitlyn Comstock, Abigail Connor, Kelsey Espenshade, Emma Figliola, Madelynn Glenn, Aniya Jenkins, Brian Jung, Sofia Leni, Christopher Max, Abby Null, Bella Randle, Carina Rexing, Samuel Saxby, William Saxby, Ella Spitzmiller, Charleigh Wright
Jungle/Savannah Ensemble: Lauren Agabegi, Adyson Anderson, Isabelle Ballish, Reagan Butrum, Reese Clary, Payton Combs, Marlana Doepker, Mycah Droege, Morgan Federle, Alexa Gaudet, Ella Hansell, Allie Heimlich, Sophia Iskandar, Hannah Lehman, Carley Millette, Mekenzie Murphy, Bianca Olea, Anabella Panos, Katherine Reagan, Matthew Rebhun, Abigail Rosenfeldt, Lindsey Steele, Abigail Stokes, Kyla Turvey, Lucy Vest
Hyena/Wildebeest Ensemble: Megumi Agerton, Luciano Andaluz, Peyton Andry, Kayla Calkins, Matthew Fielden, Uma Georgeton, Ryan Hurry, Brady Iskandar, Jonathan Jackson, Jacob Kossuth, Caleigh McFawn, Noah McRedmond, Kerinne Mueller, Collin Rellar, Caleb Rosenfeldt, Blake Sisney, Anna Snell, Sydney Southerland, Stephen Tait, Jackson Vest, Noah Williams
Crew: Tyler Cebulskie, Connor Espenshade, Andrew Ghastine, Alex Goettsch, Jacob Kaesemeyer, Saxon Lackey, Griffin Max, Alexa McFawn, Silas McNutt, William Oberson
- The Parent and Student Interest Meeting is 09/12/17, 7:00-8:30 pm. Parents in the Band room; students in the Choir room. This is an opportunity to learn about the show, the calendar, and the expectations. Students will learn about auditions and be able to ask questions. Parents attending this meeting have priority access to audition sign-ups! If you miss the meeting, please see Parent and Student Interest Meeting Notes linked below after the meeting.
- Regular Audition scheduling opens 09/15/17 and closes 09/22/17 at 11:59 p.m.
- Be prepared to have your son/daughter attend the full time of Call Backs if he/she is called to do so, 3:30-8:00. You will find out via e-mail late in the evening on 09/26/17. If he/she is NOT called back, that does not necessarily mean that he/she was not cast in the show. It simply means that we saw what we needed to see at regular auditions.
- Other Important Dates:
- 09/25/17 and 09/26/17: Regular Auditions, 3:30-8:00 pm
- 09/27/17: Call Backs, 3:30-8:00 pm
- 09/29/17: Cast/Crew list will be posted at 3:30 p.m.
- 10/16/17: Rehearsals begin, usually 3:30-5:30 pm
- 10/16/17: All-Parent Committee Meeting, 6:30-7:30 pm, in the Founders' Campus Band Room. One parent from each family required to attend.
- 01/12/18 – 01/14/18: Performances, times vary
- Communication: As different from most CHCA communication, musical parent communication is only coordinated through the one email that you provided during registration. All important messages will be communicated via email so please check it frequently to stay informed! Please add the CHCAMSMusical@gmail.com email address to your contacts.
- Show fees:
- Cast: $130 (Non-Refundable)
- Crew: $65 (Non-Refundable)
- During online registration, you schedule an automatic payment deducted on 10/17/17, after the show is cast and the first read-through is held.
- Tickets for all three shows are $10 each, with a discount available online for FOFA Visionary, Legacy, Foundational and Sustaining members. All cast and crew members must sell 8 tickets total and can be reserved now via SeatYourself. If the ticket sales requirement is not met by the 01/05/18 deadline, you must agree to pay for unsold tickets up to 8 at the $10 rate. (Note: Thursday evening final rehearsal tickets will not count toward the ticket sales requirement.)
- Parent Volunteers:
- Opportunities are detailed on the Parent Volunteer form completed in UltraCamp.
- Did you know your volunteer hours for The Lion King JR make you eligible to become a Friends of Fine Arts Booster member? We appreciate EVERY hour of work dedicated to an amazing production!
- Parent Volunteer Committee meeting: 10/16/17 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. One parent from each family required to attend.
- Supporting You and Your Child: We have a great resource that will help you and your child get through auditions and maintain a healthy perspective. "For Parents Only"
- Monday-Friday: 3:30 p.m. to varying end times, with an occasional weekend rehearsal. Students must be present for the entire length of each rehearsal. Check the rehearsal calendar for dates and times.
- Cast and Crew members are expected to be at all rehearsals involving their role. See Conflict Sheet for specifics.
- Be aware that unexcused absences may jeopardize your role.
- Notify Lauri Goodwin at CHCAMSmusical@gmail.com if you have an illness or family emergency. Do not send messages with other cast members and/or friends as that method is unreliable.
- When absent, you must take the responsibility to learn what was missed from a fellow actor. If this is not done, you may be cut from that particular scene due to the fact that most choreography, blocking, and songs are only taught once.
- Rehearsals are going to be FUN! So come in ready to be an artist!
registration Cast and Crew (Bio, Payment and online forms) - Closes 09/22/17 at 11:59 p.m.
- Cast and Crew: Your child should write a bio following bio instructions found in the links section below
- Crew only: Your child should write an essay paragraph including the qualities and experiences that would make them an asset as a crew member
- Complete these forms in UltraCamp: Parent Volunteer, Rehearsal Conflict, Transportation Release, Photo Release
Genius – Cast only - Choose one of the four audition times on SignUp Genius.
Attend Parent and Student Interest Meeting to receive early access; otherwise, Sign-Up Genius open 09/15/17 – 09/23/17 at 11:59 p.m.