|Attendance Line (Call by 9:00 a.m.)
Please do NOT email, text or call your child's teacher.
|End of Day Messages||Eagle Zone|
|Gr KPrep-3: 247-9944 x800
Gr 4-6: 247-9944 x801
Gr KPrep-3: 247-9944 x101 (Call by noon)
19-20 Specials Rotation Schedule: Gr 5 and 6
19-20 Transportation Agreement for Personal Vehicles: Lower E
Upper E Extended Absence Instructions
At least one (1) week before your planned absence of three (3) or more days, complete this process for each student:
- Email notification to UpperElementary.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include name and grade of student
- Include dates of absence with number of school days gone
- Include reason for absence
Note that homework and class assignments can be accessed through Canvas. We will forward your notification to the appropriate teachers. In addition, we encourage students to communicate with their teachers regarding extended absences.
Need a babysitter/nanny? Contact Kate.Kersey@chca-oh.org.
The list of CHCA US 9-12 students interested in babysitting is provided as a courtesy to our families; CHCA does not endorse or recommend any babysitter and is not involved with or responsible for any babysitting arrangements or events that occur between the student and/or the family. Both the student babysitter and the parent looking for child care should conduct their own background checks and interviews as they deem appropriate.
Lower School Grades K-3 located at
Edyth B. Lindner Campus, A Blue Ribbon School
11312 Snider Road, Cincinnati, OH 45249 (map)
|Kindergarten Prep Full Day||8:30 a.m.* - 3:15 p.m.|
|Kindergarten Prep Half Day||12:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.|
|Kindergarten - Grade 3||8:30 a.m.* - 3:15 p.m.|
|Grades 4-6||7:55 a.m.* - 3:10 p.m.|
|Fee-Based After School Care||3:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Office Hours||7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
*7:30 a.m. is the earliest students may arrive
Summer Hours: 06/03/19 - 06/28/19 M-F 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. -- Office reopens 08/01/19
ERB Results (PK2-Gr6): Available in your student's 2018-2019 school lobby starting 06/10/19 from 9:00-11:00 a.m. or 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. Items not picked up by 06/14/19 will be mailed.
Report Cards (PK2-Gr2): Available in your school lobby staring 06/10/19 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Items not picked up by 06/14/19 will be mailed. (Gr 3-6): available via NetClassroom.
Family Service Ideas: Summer 2019
Summer months bring long days, warm weather, school vacations - and great opportunities for kids to volunteer and families, camps, and youth groups to serve together. While service improves the community, kids also benefit:
- It gives children and teens an identity and purpose.
- They develop vital 21st Century skills like critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication.
- Families who help others together benefit from important quality time. Volunteering provides an opportunity to connect with your child and learn new things together.
When you're ready to plan your summer, you can find summer service ideas at:
- PBS Kids 10 Easy Summer Volunteer Ideas
- Kids In Action Guide at https://ysa.org/resources
Grace & peace,
Karen Hordinski, M.Ed CHCA Upper School Outreach
Coordinator/Student Organized Service
2019-2020 Class Lists (Gr K-4) published 06/28/19 after 5:30 p.m. Access code in letter sent by principal.
After School Care - Registration opens 08/05/19
School Supplies - 2 ways to purchase:
- Order online & supplies delivered to classroom (school code: CIN008) closes
06/15/1907/01/19 at 11:59 p.m.
- Purchase items from list: Lower E --- Upper E
INFO UPDATE AND MEDICAL FORMS:
- Respond to the secure, personalized link emailed 05/30/19 (reminder 06/18/19) to update information online. This automatically sends the Authorization for Emergency Response (AER) form to your child’s nurse. (Invitations sent weekly during June and July for newly enrolling students. After 08/01/19, your Admissions Counselor will provide a paper copy of the AER form to complete and return.) All responses due 08/15/19.
- Consult the Medical and Other Forms webpage for any required print and return medical forms.
Save These Dates:
- Gr K-3 Back to School Parties - Details (Updated 08/07/19)
- Gr K-3 New Parent Orientation - 08/14/19 - 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. - EBL Campus: Gym
- Gr 4-6 Parent & Student Kickoff Event - 08/19/19 - Details
- Athletics Kickoff 2019 - 08/14/19 - 5:00 - 7:30 - MSL Campus - Details
- 1st Day/Week of School Schedule
- Gr 4-6: 1st Day is 08/21/19, 7:55 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Non-uniform day due to school pictures
Fall Pictures 2019-2020: Picture Order Form
ELP Fall Picture Day: 09/18/19
US 7-8 Kickoff & Fall Picture Day: 08/14/19
- Gr K-3 - no assigned work but read on your own
- Gr 4 - Read on your own and practice math facts
- Gr 5 - Summer Reading
- Gr 6 - Summer Reading
Gr 6-12 new students only: Welcome! In early August, students receive technology details including login instructions. Best to login to Canvas and email before back to school orientation events to confirm all is well before school starts.
09/19/19 - 09/20/19 -- $190 ($25 Additional late registration fee starts 04/26/19)
- Register Online starting 03/07/19 - closes 09/19/19 at 11:59 p.m.
- Need ANY Over the Counter or Prescription Medications? Submit a K-12 School Medication Permission form signed by parent + doctor and any prescription meds that your child will need on the trip to the nurses' office by 09/06/19
- Volunteer Signup We need 6-7 female and 6-7 male parent volunteers (In addition to the Gr 6 teachers, who will be directing all activities and leading the small group discussions)
- Packing List
- Questions? Email Kathy.Wesson@chca-oh.org
Grades 4-6 use their passions to change the world
Introducing... The 2019-2020 CHCA THEATRE SEASON
CHCA Hosts Food Symposium
Students shine on stage and with visual art at CHCA's ArtBeat
School: (513) 247-9944 ext. 112
School: (513) 247-9944 ext. 109