- School Year Info
- Calendar K-3
- Calendar 4-6
- Back to School
- Campus Location and School Hours
- Campus Connection Archive
|Attendance Line (Call by 9:00 a.m.)||End of Day Messages|
|Gr KPrep-3: 247-9944 x800
Gr 4-6: 247-9944 x801
Gr KPrep-3: 247-9944 x101 (Call by noon)
18-19 Rotation Schedule: Gr 5 and 6
Upper E Extended Absence Instructions
At least one (1) week before your planned absence of three (3) or more days, complete this process for each student:
- Email notification to UpperElementary.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include name and grade of student
- Include dates of absence with number of school days gone Include reason for absence
Note that homework and class assignments can be accessed through Canvas.
Summer Hours: 06/04/18 - 06/29/18 M-F 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Office reopens 08/01/19
ERB Results (PK2-Gr 6): Available in your school lobby starting 06/11/18 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Items not picked up by 06/15/18 will be mailed.
Report Cards (PK2-Gr 2): Available in your school lobby staring 06/11/18 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Items not picked up by 06/15/18 will be mailed. (Gr 3-6): available via NetClassroom.
Family Service Ideas: Summer 2018
Summer months bring long days, warm weather, school vacations - and great opportunities for kids to volunteer and families, camps, and youth groups to serve together. While service improves the community, kids also benefit:
- It gives children and teens an identity and purpose.
- They develop vital 21st Century skills like critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication.
- Families who help others together benefit from important quality time. Volunteering provides an opportunity to connect with your child and learn new things together.
Some suggestions for a successful service experience:
- Start with things your kids love to do.
- Consider issues your kids care about.
- Combine passions + issues for impact.
- Encourage, support and help your kids learn.
When you're ready to plan your summer, you can find 18+ summer service ideas at www.YSA.org/act/summer
Also check out the Kids In Action Guide at https://ysa.org/resources
Grace & peace,
Karen Hordinski, M.Ed CHCA Upper School Outreach
Coordinator/Student Organized Service
2018-2019 Class Lists (Gr K-4) published 06/29/18 after 5:30 p.m. Obtain passkey from:
PK-Gr 3: ERB Results letter mailed 06/15/18
Gr 4: Schedule and letter mailed 06/29/18
After School Care - Registration opens 08/06/18School Supplies - 2 ways to purchase:
- Order online and supplies are waiting in the classroom (school code: CIN008) closes 06/22/18 at 11:59 p.m.
- Purchase items from list: Lower E --- Upper E
INFO UPDATE AND MEDICAL FORMS:
- Respond to the secure, personalized link sent via email on 06/25/18 to update information online. This automatically sends the Authorization for Emergency Response (AER) form to your child’s nurse. (Invitations sent weekly during July for newly enrolling students. After 08/01/18, your Admissions Counselor will provide a paper copy of the AER form to complete and return.) All responses due 08/20/18.
- Consult the Medical and Other Forms webpage for any required print and return medical forms.
Save These Dates:
- Gr K-3 Back to School Parties: Save the Date Info (Revised 08/14/18)
- Youth Sports Athletics Kickoff - 08/13/18 - Details
- Gr 4-6 Parent & Student Kickoff Event - 08/20/18 - Details
- 1st Day/Week of School Schedule
- Gr 4-6: 1st Day is 08/22/18, 7:55 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Non-uniform day due to school pictures
Fall Pictures: Picture Order Form
|EBL Campus PK2-Grade 3: 08/29/18|
Founders' Campus Gr 4-6: 08/22/18
Founder's Campus Gr 7-8 (also Kickoff): 08/15/18
|Gr 9 (also Freshman Orientation): 08/14/18|
Gr 10-12 (also Kickoff): 08/15/18
Gr 12 Senior Pictures (See myUpper webpage for details)
Armleder all grades: 09/05/18
- Gr K-3 - no assigned work but read on your own
- Gr 4 - Read on your own and practice math facts
- Gr 5 - Summer Reading
- Gr 6 - Summer Reading
Gr 6-12 new students only: Welcome! In early August, students receive technology details including login instructions. Best to login to Canvas and email before back to school orientation events to confirm all is well before school starts.
09/20/18 - 09/21/18 - $190 ($25 Additional late registration fee starts 04/06/18)
- Register Online starting 03/12/18 - closes 08/31/18 at 11:59 p.m.
- Need ANY Over the Counter or Prescription Medications? Submit a K-12 School Medication Permission form signed by parent + doctor and any prescription meds that your child will need on the trip to the nurses' office by 08/31/18
- Volunteer SignupWe need 6-7 female and 6-7 male parent volunteers*
*In addition to the Gr 6 teachers, who will be directing all activities and leading the small group discussions
- Packing List
- Questions? Email Kathy.Wesson@chca-oh.org
Lower School Grades K-3 located at
Edyth B. Lindner Campus, A Blue Ribbon School
11312 Snider Road, Cincinnati, OH 45249 (map)
|Kindergarten Prep Full Day||8:30 a.m.* - 3:15 p.m.|
|Kindergarten Prep Half Day||12:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.|
|Kindergarten - Grade 3||8:30 a.m.* - 3:15 p.m.|
|Grades 4-6||7:55 a.m.* - 3:10 p.m.|
|Fee-Based After School Care||3:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
*7:30 a.m. is the earliest students may arrive
Grade 5-8 students sing, dance, and fly in their production of Mary Poppins JR.
Grade 6 CHCA student shares her passion for dance with the Cincinnati Ballet
CHCA alumni, students, faculty, and community come together for beautiful Veterans Day concert
Volleyball teams raise money for LLS
School: (513) 247-9944 ext. 101
School: (513) 247-9944 ext. 112