Technology (including BYOD)
Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) is the primary tool that our Gr 4-12 teachers use to post course content and ongoing grade progress. Use Canvas to:
- View your students' course dashboard, upcoming assignments, and calendar
- View regular grade progress and electronic feedback on assignments
- View multiple students to check up on each of your CHCA students
- Set notification preferences to receive alerts and progress reports
Accessing Report Cards & Grades (3:37)
Canvas Parent App (6:03)
Bring Your Own Device to CHCA
Guidelines and suggestions for enhancing learning at CHCA
Thanks to tablets, laptops, cloud computing and Smart Boards, what seemed like science fiction 20 years ago is possible today. We can bring the world into our classrooms with one click, tap or keystroke.
With this unlimited potential comes responsibility, too. We want our students to experience a technologically-advanced learning environment without sacrificing safety or richness of curriculum. We want them to understand the opportunities digital connectivity allows while teaching ethical behavior that those opportunities require. Review CHCA's Responsible Use Policy and the content below to find out CHCA’s usage guidelines, device specification recommendations, security policies and more.
- BYOD FAQ
- BYOD Electronic Device Specifications for home purchased equipment
- How to Download and Install Microsoft Office on your personal device