Save the Date!
Saturday, 04/13/19 ~ 10:30 - 5:00
MSL Campus, 11525 Snider Road
CHCA parents, students and participating artists can use this page to stay current on ArtBeat 2019 announcements, performance schedules, links to important documents and more. Also, please check your e-mail regularly for additional information.
For audio, hover over/tap the video above,
and click unmute ( ) .
Dates/Times: January 30, February 4 and 6, 2019 from 4:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Place: MSL Lindner Theater
Primarily, the EBL ES auditions will be held January 30, the Founders’ Campus and Armleder auditions on February 4, and the MSL Campus auditions on February 6. All auditions will be held in the Lindner Theater.
|Grades||Audition Act Time Limits|
|PK - 4||2 minutes|
|5 - 8||2 minutes 20 seconds|
|9 - 12||3 minutes|
ANY STUDENT OR GROUP THAT EXCEEDS THE MAXIMUM LENGTH WILL NOT BE SELECTED TO PERFORM, REGARDLESS OF QUALITY. Please pay close attention to this, especially classical musicians. You may be asked to shorten your piece, even if it is within the timeframe listed.
- Read the Audition Information Sheet to understand audition guidelines and help you be prepared.
- Complete an online AUDITION REQUEST for each audition piece.
- Print the email receipt, read, sign and return it to your school office, Attention: ArtBeat - Friends of Fine Arts. Deadlines to submit request:
- PK- Gr 8 - Friday 01/25/19 at 11:59 p.m.
- Gr 9-12 only - Friday, 02/01/19 at 11:59 p.m.
Auditions will not be scheduled until the signed online Audition Request has been returned and will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Check the Audition Information Sheet for more details.
- ArtBeat performance and dress rehearsal schedules will be posted on Wednesday, 03/13/19
- Dress rehearsals are mandatory and are scheduled on 04/10/19 & 04/11/19 for auditioned performers. This is a dress rehearsal so please wear what you will wear to perform at ArtBeat.
- Music must be without double tracking (no lead voices—back-up voices only) and must be submitted via .mp3, .wav or on a CD.
- To submit your performance track via .mp3 or .wav, re-title the track with the student’s name (NOT the title of the song) in this format: lastname.firstname.mp3 for solo auditions, or as a list of last names for group auditions (e.g. flagel.hoyer.paris.mp3). Then email the file to email@example.com by noon the day of your dress rehearsal.
- If on CD, bring a copy of your CD to the dress rehearsal that you will leave until after your ArtBeat performance. Make sure your name is on the CD.
- Volunteer signups will start Wednesday, 03/13/19. Deadline for ArtBeat auditioned performers’ parents to sign up to volunteer is Friday, 04/05/19.