What to Expect
2 evening keynote speakers!
Simran Sethi, author of Bread, Wine, Chocolate, addresses the loss of biodiversity in chocolate and the effect this has on a larger scale.
Joel Salatin, author of Folks, This Ain’t Normal and seven other books, speaks on growing food that has integrity and how to support local food systems.
Multiple options during each breakout for you to choose between presentations. Topics like:
- Working with animals and pastures to improve the environment
- Controlled environment agriculture
- Introduction to Aquaponics Classroom research and small-scale production farming
- Rescued food and dealing with food waste
- Food and theology; the role of food in spiritual practices
- Poverty in Cincinnati and food deserts
- Cooking demonstrations
- Insights on eating seasonably
- Environmental conservation and food systems
- Local food economies
- Direct trade coffee and ethical coffee bean sourcing
- Growing healthy food at home for your family
Assorted food trucks will line the parking lot of the CHCA high school campus featuring a variety of flavors and foods. The food truck rally, like the entire symposium, will strive to be a low waste event.
All conference attendees can purchase lunch and gold and platinum registrants can use their $10 vouchers. Attendees can also visit the Symposium Expo and/or tour the campus during this time.
Join Simran Sethi after her keynote address for an intimate get-together where she'll sign a copy of her book Bread, Wine, Chocolate: The Slow Loss of Foods We Love and even personally lead you through a chocolate tasting. Platinum registrations only; books available for purchase at expo.
Be part of this private event with Joel Salatin on Friday early evening at the beautiful Indian Hill Turner Farm dedicated to growing local, organic, low-impact foods to support healthy communities. Enjoy several hours with Joel sharing hors d’oeuvres, drinks, and engaging discourse. Many thanks to Bars on Wheels, beverage catering specialists, for providing the drinks at this event. Platinum registrations only.
Located on CHCA's campus, the expo is the place where local businesses offer samples, share information, and inform symposium attendees for 6 full hours. Are you a good fit? Find out about showcasing your business.