1. We Expose students to Real World situations [like yours]:
- The Mechanical sub-team develops complex mechanisms and systems using professional CAD (SOLIDWORKS). After design, they use a mix of CNC metal fabrication from our sponsors, in house manual fabrication, and 3D printing to create parts to assemble the physical robot.
- The Controls sub-team programs the robot in Java using professional and complex techniques that include autonomous control, vision based image processing, and closed loop PID control. This team is also responsible for all electrical engineering for the robot.
- The Business and Branding sub-team designs and maintains a responsive website using dynamic page-building elements including video, embedded social media feeds, and photo editing. They also provide graphic design and social media services. This team oversees communications, public relations and community outreach, project management, etc.
- The Scouting and Strategy subteam engages in "competitive intelligence," data collection and evaluation of competitors, functions as liaison between CHCA robot drive team and competition alliance members in addition to developing relationships and strategies with other teams.
- New in 2022-2023! Beak Squad is partnering with CHCA’s Entrepreneurship Certification Program! For more information, email Sarah.Hendrix@chca-oh.org
2. We aim to develop your future employees:
- FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) aims to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders and innovators, by engaging them in exciting mentor based programs that build science, engineering, and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well rounded life capabilities including self confidence, communication, and leadership.
- Over 80% of team members go on to study engineering or computer science at the top engineering colleges in the country including: University of Cincinnati, Case Western, MIT, Purdue, Rose Hulman, Georgia Tech, OSU and others.
3. we produce measurable results with your investment:
- Even after a hiatus due to COVID19, resuming competition for the 2022 season resulted in Regional Finalists, Industrial Design Award, Qualified for World Championships
- 2019 State Champions (Won 3 of the last 4 years)
- 2019 Buckeye Regional Champions
- Qualified for World Championships 5 years in row - a total of 7 out of 10 years as a team
- Earned all 6 engineering awards given by FIRST (25 of ~ 4,000 teams in the world have achieved this!)