1. We Expose students to Real World situations [like yours]:
- The mechanical sub-team develops complex mechanisms and systems using professional CAD (SOLIDWORKS). After design, they use a mix of CNC metal fabrication from our sponsors, in house manual fabrication, and 3D printing to create parts to assemble the physical robot.
- The controls sub-team programs the robot in Java using professional and complex techniques that include autonomous control, vision based image processing, and closed loop PID control.
- The business and branding sub-team designs and maintains a responsive website using dynamic page-building elements including video, embedded social media feeds, and photo editing. They also provide graphic design and social media services.
2. We aim to develop your future employees:
- FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) aims to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders and innovators, by engaging them in exciting mentor based programs that build science, engineering, and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well rounded life capabilities including self confidence, communication, and leadership.
- Over 80% of team members go on to study engineering or computer science at the top engineering colleges in the country including: University of Cincinnati, Case Western, MIT, Purdue, Rose Hulman, Georgia Tech, OSU and others.
3. we produce measurable results with your investment:
- 2019 State Champions (Won 3 of the last 4 years)
- 2019 Buckeye Regional Champions
- Qualified for World Championships 5 years in row
- Earned all 6 engineering awards given by FIRST (25 of ~ 4,000 teams in the world have achieved this!)