The Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE)
Students applying for admission to CHCA's Upper School grades 9-12, or students entering applying for the Cum Laude Scholarship grades 7-9, are required to take the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE).
You can register for the ISEE in one of the following ways:
- Phone 1-800-446-0320 or 1-919-956-8524
- Mail (form included in the ISEE Student Guide which can be downloaded from the website)
CHCA Code and Site Number: 365953
- When is the test offered and what does my student need to bring?
- What is the cost?
- What are the test components?
- How can I prepare?
- What is the start time? How long does the test last?
- Who receives my test scores?
- How often may I take the test?
- How do I find out if the test is cancelled due to inclement weather?
- Can I take the ISEE at a test location other than CHCA?
- What if my student is ill on the day of the test?
- Can students test with accommodations?
- Are sample test questions available?
Saturday, 02/08/20 (registration deadline 01/11/20)
Saturday, 04/04/20 (registration deadline 03/14/20)
If you miss a registration deadline you may register as a walk-in by contacting Admissions@chca-oh.org in the Admissions Office at (513) 247-9944, ext. 213.
We will provide the needed pencils and pens. Eating is not permitted during the test but we will offer snacks and drinks before the test and during the two scheduled test breaks. Students may not use a calculator and cell phones may not be activated during the test.
$125 for online or mail in registration
$155 for online late registration (one to three weeks before the exam)
$150 for phone registration
$165 for walk-in registration
Online registration is available until one week before the test date. After that, families must register as a walk-in and there is an additional $40 fee (total fee of $165). Walk-in registrations must be processed online through a unique walk-in code which CHCA will provide. To test as a walk-in, families must contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (513) 247-9944, ext. 213, for the code.
Registration is paid online directly to Educational Records Bureau (ERB) by Visa or MasterCard only. There is no paper registration and neither cash or checks are accepted for testing fees.