||3 - 8
||We focus on the development of theatre and communication skills, self-esteem, a Godly confidence, and team building.
||August - January
||Please refer to the rehearsal schedule posted on each production's homepage.
Gr 3 productions generally practice two days per week from 3:30 to 4:30/5:30 p.m.
Gr 4-5 productions generally practice three days per week from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Gr 6-8 and US 7-9 productions generally practice Monday – Friday from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
||Gr 3 - EBL Music Room
Gr 4-8 - Founders' Campus Cafeterias and Choir Room and Martha S. Lindner Theater
||There are 5 productions with auditioned parts for these grade levels:
- Either the Early Fall or Spring Upper School Production with the high school (Gr 7-12)
- Late Fall Musical Theatre Production (Gr 4-5)
- Christmas Musical (Gr 3)
- Winter Musical Theatre Production (Gr 6-8)
- "The One Act" (Gr 7-9)
Gr 3 expenses are paid by FOFA.
Gr 6-8 cast fees (non-lead) average $150 and include costumes, snacks, production T-shirt, tech week meals, bus transportation from Founders' Campus to Lindner Theater and production party. Cast members may be asked to supply shoes, hosiery/socks, and basic makeup or wardrobe pieces.
Gr 4-5 fees average $80 and include costume, production T-shirt, bus transportation from Founders’ Campus to Lindner Theater and production party. Cast members may be asked to supply shoes, hosiery/socks, and basic makeup or wardrobe pieces.
Gr 6-8 crew fees average $75 and include snacks, production T-shirt, tech week meals, bus transportation from Founders' Campus to Lindner Theater and production party.
|Anticipated # of Students:
||Depends on the cast size of the show
|Expected Parent Involvement:
Parent involvement is critical to success:
- Information Meeting for parents of all interested students - see show homepage for details
- We request at least one parent from each family participate on one pre-production committee + some aspect during performance week + set strike. Options are explained at the Parent Info Meeting and on the Parent Volunteer form, which must be completed prior to auditioning.
||All Gr 4-8 cast and crew members must sell 10 tickets total. Tickets will be ordered and tracked via ShowTix4U, CHCA's online box office.
|Sponsor / Contacts:
Gr 3 Musical - Emaline.Rider@chca-oh.org, Director
Gr 4-5 Musical - Mara.Wright@chca-oh.org, Director; Anna Brink, Assistant Director
Gr 6-8 Musical - Anna.Brink@chca-oh.org, Director; Mara Wright, Assistant Director
Gr 9-12 Theatre - Susan.Jung@chca-oh.org, CHCA Artistic Theatre Director
|How Do You Register:
||Consult the show's homepage for times and audition details. In general you:
- Complete the online registration in UltraCamp PRIOR TO audition (Although payment will be scheduled at this time, payment will not be deducted from your account until after the cast is announced.)
- Sign up for an audition time online in Sign-Up Genius.
- Student prepares any given material (e.g. song/script excerpts) listed on the show’s homepage for the audition.