Eaglets (Gr PK3-PK4), Level 1 (Beginner generally Gr K-3), Level 2 (Intermediate generally Gr 3-5), Level 3 (Intermediate/Advanced generally Gr 5-7, Level 4 (Advanced generally Gr 7 and up)
All classes are girls only except Tap 2, 3, and 4 - see brochure above for details.
||CHCA Dance Academy is not just an after-school program; it is a dance academy tailored specifically for our CHCA students. We offer a variety of levels and styles that include technique and competitive options. Our professional faculty features instructors who have danced and choreographed professionally throughout the United States and carry with them national and regional awards for choreography and performance.
Competitive Teams – Evaluations required for dancers who have not previously participated on one of our competitive teams. Please contact Dance Director at Melissa.Kidd@chca-oh.org.
Classes run mid-August through April and coordinate with the CHCA calendar. Classes will not be held on school holidays unless an instructor determines otherwise. Competitive team dancers will have summer choreography classes for each routine. These will be announced once teams are set. Competition dates, basketball games, outreach and other performances will be announced in early fall.
||Offsite studio: 7815 West Chester Rd, West Chester, OH 45069 (map)
Cost based on program fees + instructional hours enrolled. See brochure. ($25 non-refundable registration fee collected at registration; some late fees apply; see brochure and CHCA Dance Program Withdrawal Form for other financial policies).
Our program offers an ALL INCLUSIVE tuition system, meaning you are charged a flat fee for classes, costuming, competitions, etc. This makes the financial commitment easy to budget. Traditional studios generally charge tuition and then charge for all of the ‘extras’ throughout the year. The only expenses not covered in CHCA’s program will be personal items (e.g., shoes, tights, hairpins, makeup), competition entry fees and costumes for solo and ensemble performers, travel expenses, and spirit wear.
INSTRUCTIONAL & PROGRAM FEES WORKSHEET
|Anticipated # of Students:
Class maximums vary. Registrations over the limit will be placed on a waitlist and possibly offered another day/time for an additional class if enough students are interested. Students enrolled in the competitive program receive priority registration in technique classes.
|Expected Parent Involvement:
||Parental involvement welcomed and each team will have parent roles/opportunities.
Opportunities include: coordinating spirit wear sale, team photos, photography, videography, and social media assistance.
- All content in the CHCA Dance Academy Guidelines and Fine Arts Handbook applies to this activity
- We host summer dance camps. Please consider dancing with us!
- Communication is primarily done via email. Events, dance calendar, and cancellations are also available via GroupMe. (Contact Director for more information.)
Melissa.Kidd@chca-oh.org, Dance Director
|How Do You Register:
Registration for 2020-2021 is a two-step process: No other forms needed!
- Register and schedule fee payment with our online registration system
The $25 registration fee (and $75 jacket if selected) will be collected upon registration. After you complete step 2 below, we will update your chosen session options to reflect your specific program and instructional fees and add a payment plan for UltraCamp to deduct for fees. Questions? Contact Programs@chca-oh.org.
- Select specific classes for your student on the CHCA Dance Academy Studio Director website. (Link also available from UltraCamp confirmation screen or email.)
Questions? Contact Melissa.Kidd@chca-oh.org, Dance Director
- 05/26/20 - 1st Semester Online registration opens ($25 non-refundable registration fee and $75 jacket, if selected, collected at registration)
- 06/09/20 at 11:59 p.m. - 1st Semester Online registration closes for competitive teams
- 08/12/20 - 20% auto-payment withdrawal (Remaining equal withdrawals on the first of each month 09/01/20 - 02/01/21)
- 08/17/20 at 11:59 p.m. - 1st Semester Online registration closes for technique classes. After this date, please contact Director.
- 08/17/20 - 1st Semester Classes begin
- 11/05/20 - Deadline to submit 2nd semester withdrawals (technique students only)
- 11/16/20 - 2nd Semester online registration opens ($25 non-refundable registration fee and $75 jacket, if selected, collected at registration) for PK Eaglets and Level 1 Classes Only
- 01/04/21 - 2nd Semester late registration fee begins
- 01/05/21 - 2nd Semester Classes begin
- 01/08/21 at 11:59 p.m. - 2nd Semester Online registration closes
- 04/21/21 - Dance Academy Showcase