Preparing students for lives of impact and influence…
As an Upper School student, you'll be exposed to a wide range of advanced and AP courses, as well as hands-on learning experiences both within and outside of the typical classroom setting. Entrepreneurial endeavors, robotics and design, and student-directed research are just a few of the unique areas of growing interest to our students, and we’re continuously engaging students’ passion areas with new courses, programming, and facilities to equip you to pursue your interests with excellence and spur you to great achievements. Ranked the #1 Christian High School in Ohio*, and a top private high school in Cincinnati*, we take pride in the unique experiences offered to enhance your high school journey.
Not your typical "high school" experience...
While CHCA's academic programming has proven to prepare students extremely well for college matriculation, we don’t stop there. With high levels of intellectual and spiritual engagement, students also graduate with a resilient faith and discerning wisdom, launching them into lives of impact and influence.
How is this accomplished? Here are just a few of the ways:
- The only independent high school in Cincinnati offering Entrepreneurship & Sustainability Studies, which generates real-world, cross-disciplinary learning, enhanced by an onsite greenhouse, teaching kitchen, and farm-to-school practices.
- Innovation labs and collaboration spaces create opportunities for exploration, creativity, and innovation.
- Intersession Experience offers a two-week term where students explore a personal passion, participate in an internship, travel nationally and internationally, or learn through service immersion.
- Students with interests in applied engineering explore real-world challenges as part of CHCA's globally ranked Robotics team.
- The city’s largest International Student Program hosts dozens of students from around the world and is an integral part of CHCA’s diverse culture.
- Flexible schedules and Personal Responsibility Time (PRT) empower students to assume greater ownership for their school experience and outcomes.
- Authentic learning experiences like managing the student-run coffee bar, doing independent research, and completing Senior Capstone Initiatives.
*Niche 2020 School Rankings
"CHCA has given me opportunities to challenge myself: my intellect through difficult classes, my leadership through Student Council and Student Organized Service, my faith through chapel and class discussions, and my comprehension of the world through my independent study on the Israel-Palestine conflict. CHCA helped me discover who I am and what I care about and gave me opportunities to make something meaningful out of it."susan easterday, class of 2018 salutatorian