Upper School Counseling
- Gr 7 & 8 Parents: Counselors' Coffees
- Academics and Scheduling
- Rising Freshman Families: Scheduling Orientation
- Rising Freshman: Study Skills Workshop
- Cincinnati Suburban College Fair
- Sophomore Parents: Counselors' Coffee
- Junior Families: College Planning
- Junior & Senior Families: College Financial Aid 101
- Senior Application Festivals
- Senior Parents: Counselors' Coffee
- Gr 7-12 Families: Round Table Discussions
Academics are the core of a student’s time in high school, and we have courses that appeal to all interests. Our creative faculty continuously introduce new electives to fill the eager minds of our students and answer their demands for emerging trends in education. We will work with your student each year to pick the most rigorous course schedule academically appropriate for him or her. Counselors know that a strong academic record is the easiest way for your student to have the most options available during the college process.
The freshman and college counselors overview the scheduling process, graduation requirements and the many paths to graduation. Counselors meet individually with families directly following each program to provide personal instruction and guidance and ensure families get the help they need. This unique program is held multiple times in late winter.
The Cincinnati Suburban College Fair is one of the most well attended fairs in our area. We partner with three premier local private schools to offer our students a small venue, where they can browse colleges in a setting that invites intimate conversation. The fair attracts over 190 different schools of excellent caliber.
Which is more important - a high GPA or broad involvement in extra-curriculars? A panel of college admission experts share their insights regarding the college search and selection process. This general information helps guide the individual junior family meetings that occur each winter/spring with your counselor.
We invite senior parents to join us for an update about the college process, their students' journey to date, and general Q&A. Students are not always communicative and we want to make sure parents know all the ways we're working with their students, and how we will continue to guide them through the process.
At CHCA we want to help students use the unique traits gifted to them by God to write a path that is ideal for success. Students work individually with counselors to begin this exploration, going beyond the typical career counseling found in high schools. Using the industry gold-standard tools, we help our students discover their gifts and develop the means they need to achieve their goals. We use the Myers-Briggs personality profile along with the Strong’s Interest Inventory and the Skill Scan to help students pick a major that works with their interests, skills, and values!
School: (513) 247-9944 ext. 346
School: (513) 247-9944 ext. 347
School: (513) 247-9944 ext. 364
School: (513) 247-9944 ext. 344
School: (513) 247-9944 ext. 219
School: (513) 247-9944 ext. 337
School: (513) 247-9944 ext. 336
- Tip: CHCA has many buildings. Enter our physical address into your GPS: 11525 Snider Road, Cincinnati, OH 45249
- We will have a parking spot reserved and a delicious beverage from our responsibly sourced coffee bar, The Leaning Eagle
- Questions? Contact us at 513/247-9944 x 336 or by email.
We are excited to host you on our campus.