- For school-specific info (like summer reading, class lists, supply lists, etc.) go to the school webpage (Early Learning, Lower School, etc.) then find the Back to School header.
- For All School Info (lunch, medical forms and uniforms, etc.) used all school year, chose the webpage from the All School dropdown.
If you see something we've missed, email Webmaster@chca-oh.org and we'll see if we can get it added ASAP!
Volunteer Ideas: Summer 2017
School Supply Lists: Grade 7 - Grade 8
Upper 9-12 students organize their class work however is best for them. A typical system is a binder per class, along with notebook paper and pens/pencils. Teachers will identify any other supplies on the first day of school.
Supplies for general school use: Grade 9 - Grades 10-12
Save These Dates:
- Paper Palooza/Picture Day
- Upper 7-8 - 08/16/17 - Details
- Upper 9 Freshman orientation - 08/15/17 - Details
- Upper 10-12 - 08/17/17 - Details
- Upper School Convocation - 08/27/17 - Details - Gr 12 Attire
1st Day of School Schedule: Upper 7-8 - Upper 9-12
- Gr 7-12 English Summer Reading
- Gr 7-12 Math Summer Assignment
- Gr 7 Summer Reading
- Gr 8 Summer Reading
- Gr 9-12 Library Card Assignment
- Gr 12 English/Guidance Summer Writing
- AP Biology Summer Assignment
- AP Chemistry Summer Assignment
- AP English 11 Summer Writing
- AP English 12 Summer Writing
- AP Environmental Science Summer Assignment
- AP Euro Summer Reading
- AP Studio Art Summer Assignment
- AP US Government Summer Assignment
- AP US History Summer Assignment
Christian Thought and Spirituality required book purchase
Christian Thought and SpiritualityRequired book purchase for all sections. No assignment but bring to first day of class. Please contact Kevin.Salkil@chca-oh.org with any questions.
- Title: Mere Christianity
- Author: C.S. Lewis
Follow this link, click on the Amazon ad, then shop as usual. Your Amazon purchase will help our Beak Squad Robotics program and won't cost you any extra.
Hebrew required book purchase
Hebrew Required Book PurchaseInstructor note: “I want students to purchase their own book so they can take notes and use it more interactively than possible if the school purchased the books. Please contact me at William.Pohl@chca-oh.org with any questions.”
- Title: Introducing Biblical Hebrew
- Author: Allen P. Ross
- Published: 11/01/01
- Start at our website: (before you put items in your cart) then click the Amazon link.
- Copy the title into Amazon’s search bar
- Shop like normal and earn money for our team
Course Optioning: Grades 7-8
09/18/17 - 09/21/17 - $665; $25 late fee starts 03/27/17)
- Register Online closes 09/04/17 at 11:59 p.m.
- Need ANY Over the Counter or Prescription Medications? Submit a K-12 School Medication Permission form signed by parent + doctor and any prescription meds that your child will need on the trip to the nurses' office by 08/DD/17
- Packing List
- Questions? Email Danielle.D'Angora@chca-oh.org
4 possible 2016 Saturdays: 07/09, 08/16, 09/10, 10/08
15 minute appointment between 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Review these location, fee, and dress code details for all senior pictures for the yearbook & composite displayed in Miracle Commons. Additional portraits may be taken at another time or with other photographers. Email questions to the High School office.
16-17 Babysitter Waiver: Upper 9-12
17-18 Community Service Hour Contract: Upper 9-12
17-18 Extended Absence: Upper 7-12
17-18 Open Campus Privilege Agreement: Gr 12 only; starts 09/DD/17
Upper E Extended Absence Instructions
At least one (1) week before your planned absence of three (3) or more days, complete this process for each student:
- Email notification to UpperElementary.email@example.com
- Include name and grade of student
- Include dates of absence with number of school days gone Include reason for absence
Note that Grade 5 and 6 homework and class assignments can be accessed through NetClassroom.
Upper School Grades 7-8 located at
11300 Snider Road
Cincinnati, OH 45249 (map)
Upper School Grades 9-12 located at
Martha S. Lindner Campus
11525 Snider Road
Cincinnati, OH 45249 (map)
|Grades 7-8||7:55 a.m.* - 3:10 p.m.|
*7:30 a.m. is the earliest students may arrive
|Grades 9-12||8:00 a.m. - 3:05 p.m.|
F i n e A r t s
Anime Club (Gr 9-12)
Art Club & Visual Arts Open Studio (Gr 9-12)
Chapel Band (Gr 9-12)
CHCA Dance Academy (Gr 9-12)
Early Fall Play (Gr 9-12)
Fall Play (Gr 9-12)
Improv Troup "Off the Cuff" (Gr 9-12)
Late Spring Variety Show (Gr 9-12)
Private Music Lessons (Gr 5-12)
Spring Musical (Gr 9-12)
Student Production Team (Gr 9-12)
A T H L E T I C S
Swimming and Diving
Track & Field
O T H E R
Academic Team (Gr 9-12)
After Prom (Gr 9-12)
Beak Squad Robotics - FRC (Gr 9-12)
Chinese Calligraphy Club (Gr 9-12)
Debate Team (Gr 9-12)
Mu Alpha Theta (Gr 9-12)
NHS (National Honor Society (Gr 11-12)
Peer Advisors (Gr 11-12)
Student Council (Gr 9-12)
Student Organized Service (Gr 9-12)
Video Editing (Gr 9-12)
The Upper School After School Room (ASR) is designed to provide after school care for CHCA’s 7th - 8th grade students for families who need regular care throughout the school year. This program is not designed for drop-in nor short-term, periodic childcare needs. Our program is open on all regular, full school days. We provide a safe place where students can build relationships, be creative, achieve homework goals, have fun and more! Students will transition between activities, including the cafeteria for a provided snack, library and playground. Students with scheduled activities on the Founders' Campus (such as music lessons) may sign themselves out to attend their activity with a parent's written permission. Please continue reading to find out more!
This is a pre-registered, "pay-to-stay" program and you may choose between the AS NEEDED and REGULAR options. You can contact the EZ during operating hours at (513) 310-9963.
- Students to be provided a safe, supportive environment
- To visit with the director about concerns related to their child or the program
- To visit the program at any time
- To be notified if an emergency or behavior situation occurs. If the parent cannot be reached, the emergency contact will be called
- To be informed about special program activities or program changes
Students can expect:
- A safe, supportive, and consistent environment
- Use of all the program equipment, supplies and materials on an equal basis
- A light snack each day
- Respectful treatment
- Discipline in accordance with CHCA guidelines
- Nurturing care from staff members
We expect parents will:
- Pick children up on time
- Register online and have your scheduled payments automatically withdrawn from your checking account or your credit card (3% convenience fee added)
- Keep personal and emergency medical information up-to-date
- Follow CHCA health policies
- Communicate when the child will attend and any extra-curricular activities their child will participate in while in the care of our program by submitting a monthly calendar
- Work with the director when necessary regarding a student’s behavior
We expect children will:
- Arrive at Eagles Zone promptly and checking in
- Respect staff, students and school
- Be responsible for their actions
- Remain with the group and staff at all times
- Take care of materials and equipment and return them to their place
- Obey school rules
Questions? Call the Upper Elementary office at (513) 247-9944 ext. 206
- Monday – Friday 3:15 – 6:00 p.m.
- The Eagles Zone program is CLOSED on all early dismissal days, Faculty In-Service days, conference days, holidays and holiday breaks.
- Any student not picked up or in an adult-supervised activity by 3:30 p.m. will be sent to the Eagle Zone and will be charged.
|3:15–3:30||Sign-in in the cafeteria|
|3:30–4:15||Playground or recreational time|
|4:15–4:45||Special weekly activity|
|4:45- 6:00||Library for quiet socialization, homework and computer time|
|Individual AS NEEDED||•||$10.50/day for each day your child attends regardless of time in room; nonrefundable minimum fee of $10.50 (1 day) collected in full at registration|
|•||Auto payment withdrawal the 20th of each month (September-May) for any additional days attended in the previous month. Please note - the final program payment withdrawal will occur on 06/08/18.|
|•||Late pick up fees apply and will be added to monthly bill|
|•||$6.75/day for all days the Eagles Zone is open, regardless if your child attends or not ($1,125 yearly cost; discounts available)|
|•||10 equal auto payment withdrawals the 20th of each month (September-May) with the 10th and final program payment withdrawal occurring on 06/08/18.|
|•||Late pick up fees apply and will be added to monthly bill|
|•||Cancellation or change requests to this option must be made in writing prior to the 1st school day of the month else the month will be billed at the regular rate. Email Programs@chca-oh.org with your request.|
|Gr 4-6 Eagles Zone Sibling Discount||Register one child for the REGULAR option and get 20% off the REGULAR option for all additional children in your family|
|$25.00 per child||Early Bird Special! Register by 08/28/17, 11:59 p.m. , and we will waive this fee. If you register after this date, you will incur a registration of $25.00 per child.|
|$10.00||Each Additional 15 minute increment|
- Your child must sign in upon arrival to the cafeteria and a parent or designated person must sign them out (of the library) before leaving.
- Students may use only those electronic devices that meet BYOD guidelines during EZ hours.
- At 3:45 p.m., you will be charged for the entire day regardless of when your child is signed out.
- With written approval from a parent, your child can sign them self out to go to a sports practice, music lesson or tutoring.
- We are only responsible for your student(s) while they are signed into the Eagles Zone.
Registration and Billing
Use our online registration system to register and schedule payments via Echeck (electronic transfer of funds from your bank account with no added fees) or credit card (Visa or Mastercard, a 3% convenience fee will be added). Due to the overall value of our program pricing, no adjustments will be made for missed days (school breaks, snow days, unexpected school closings, illness, etc.). Enrollment in the program may be terminated if account not kept current.
Five CHCA students participate in YAPP
Faith and perseverance for CHCA family