Same CHCA academic standards, now in flip flops
We are pleased to announce that the following courses will be offered through CHCA Summer Programs for high school credit this summer. These classes present great opportunities to get ahead on graduation requirements while making room in students’ school-year schedules for other academic pursuits.
Registration for summer courses for credit opens on March 13 and is on a first-come, first-served basis. A $200 deposit holds your spot and is non-refundable unless class is cancelled for low enrollment. A $10 registration fee will be applied upon registering. Class status will be confirmed on May 1 and course balance is due on May 15. (All classes have a minimum enrollment of six students. You will be notified by May 1 if enrollment is insufficient to support the summer offering and your $200 will be refunded at that time. If the cancellation impacts your child’s 2013-2014 course selections, you may contact us at that time for adjustments to your child’s upcoming school year schedule.)
Not a CHCA student? You are welcome to come learn – and earn credits – with us this summer!
Before you register:
- Check with your district/school in advance of registration to confirm transferability of credits earned at CHCA.
- You must complete an application and receive approval prior to registration.
- You must have a "C" average in any course listed as a prerequisite.
Summer Term Expectations
Please note that summer classes are rigorous and require commitment from both parent and student.
- Summer classes are on a condensed schedule and may therefore require extended independent time outside of class. Please email the class instructor with questions about course requirements.
- Because summer course schedules are condensed and academic content is uncompromised, attendance will be strictly enforced and students cannot pass a class for which he/she is not present for the stated meeting times. Please do not register for summer classes that conflict with the student’s other summer responsibilities.
- Students will receive a letter grade for summer classes, with the exception of PE as it is pass/fail. Grades earned for summer classes count toward the student’s cumulative GPA.
Below are the offerings for Summer 2013. If you want to know more about the course content, click on the teacher's name and e-mail them your questions. If you have questions about registration or CHCA summer programming in general, email the CHCA Summer Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.