Lower your tuition... by shopping!
Did you spend $50 at the gas station today or $200 at the grocery store this week? Perhaps you stopped at Starbucks on your way to work or took your family out to eat last night. Wouldn’t it be great to have some of that money back? You can…if you are one of the many families to participate in the CHCA Scrip Program.
In 2012, families who participated in the Scrip program accumulated over $40,000 in tuition credits! Imagine earning money back for your daily purchases at Kroger, Meijer, Starbucks, Lowe’s, Speedway, Marriott, multitudes of restaurants and more. There are over 425 participating restaurants and retailers, including travel providers, gas and auto services, and many specialty retailers. Scrip makes gift giving easy & convenient too. When you participate in the CHCA Scrip Shop program, both you and the school are winners!
Here's how Scrip (School Cost Reduction Incentive Program) works: we purchase gift cards and certificates at a discount – from 2% to 15% or more - and sell to our customers for face value. Here’s the exciting part – CHCA splits the profit with you! One half (50%) of the profit you generate through the Scrip program can go directly into your family’s tuition account. After Scrip overhead and program expenses are paid, the remainder goes into the general operating budget. You may also choose to allocate the money you earn through the Scrip program to benefit a designated family of your choice in need of tuition assistance or use it to purchase additional Scrip. The option is yours. Your savings potential is unlimited! Other great features:
- There are over 425 participating restaurants and retailers, including travel providers, gas and auto services. Look through the CHCA Scrip program in-stock retailer list to see many of the places you spend money each week. Don't see your favorite store on that list? Visit the Great Lakes, Appleseed or ScripPro sites to see the hundreds of national retailers available for special order.
- The Scrip program has no participation fees, and doesn’t require you to purchase anything you don’t already buy on a regular basis.
- The gift cards and certificates that you purchase from the CHCA Scrip Shop are the same ones you can buy at the retail stores. They look and work the same and many can be used online.
There are three simple ways to purchase Scrip:
- Come into the Scrip Shop. You can bring a completed order form with you or fill one out at the shop. We maintain stock for more than 80 of our top-selling vendors. Special requests are ordered on Fridays and are available for pick-up in the shop on the following Wednesday.
- Complete an order form and drop it in one of the black “Scrip Orders” boxes located in each school’s lobby. Payment must accompany your order. Orders are picked up from the boxes every Friday morning and available for pick-up at the Scrip Shop on Monday.
- Complete an order form and email it to us at Scripshop@chca-oh.org as an attachment. Credit card information must accompany your order form to use this method.
If you have never purchased Scrip, complete an agreement form and include it with your first order. Questions? E-mail us or stop by the Scrip Shop inside EBL Elementary. Happy shopping!