Scavenger hunts, dances, an exclusive concert ... is school supposed to be this fun?
Socials: they’re a fun and enjoyable part of middle school life where students can connect, play, dance, and make new friends. Whether you’re new to CHCA or have been around awhile, whether you’re a 5th grader or an 8th grader, socials are an unforgettable part of the CHCA experience.
There's a social scheduled for each month of the school year ... each is organized by us and available exclusively to CHCA Middle School students. To register for an event, just visit this website during the dates indicated below. We'd love for every student to be able to participate, so if you have any questions or concerns (including registration problems or financial issues), please let us know and we'll take care of it!
2012-2013 Socials Schedule
This year's schedule features a new-and-improved Photo Hunt Social and a brand-new final social of the year for 5th-8th graders at The Web in West Chester. Registration for each event will be open during the dates indicated below, so to mark your calendar to avoid missing out on all of the fun!
Our middle school socials wouldn't be possible without the time and talents of our parents ... and it's also a great way to meet other middle school parents and see your students in action! If you're interested in helping out with a particular social, please indicate that on your online registration or contact Lance Webel.
Thanks, and we're looking forward to another great year, proving once again that Christians have more fun!
2011-2012 Socials Report
We experienced tremendous participation and positive feedback from last year's middle school socials. Here are some specific statistics from last year:
- We had 9 total socials (1 for each full month of the school year) ... 5th graders were eligible for 4 socials, 6th and 7th graders could attend 5 socials, and 8th graders could participate in a maximum of 6 socials.
- 1,259 total registrations were processed online successfully with zero privacy or security issues.
- There were an average of 140 students per event, a 61% overall participation rate among our students. The Underground Social had the largest amount of students (270) and volunteers (54), while the 8th Grade Luau had the highest participation rate (89%).
- We received great feedback and an overall positive response to the 2 brand-new events we organized, the Amazing Seventh Grade Race (68% participation) and the Fun Factory Social (46% participation).
- We also had 352 total parent, teacher, and student volunteers, an average of 39 per event ... an astounding number!
- $370 was given out in scholarships to families who could not afford the registration fees, and $250 (68%) was donated by other families (above-and-beyond their own students registration fees). Thank you so much for helping to ensure that no student was turned away from these events!
A special thanks to all of our parents and teachers for their generosity ... because you gave of your time, talent, and treasure, we were able to make these events fun, special, and memorable. We literally could not have pulled them out without our tremendous volunteers, so we really appreciate it. Thank you!